Native American and Indigenous communities have been disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 crisis. From individuals contracting the illness to disparities in access to technology for remote learning, there are unique and very serious challenges facing this community.
COVID Story Project aims to give space for anyone to share their experiences during this pandemic. We have partnered with Native Americans in Philanthropy to collect audio recordings from Indigenous peoples in order to uplift the voices from these communities as best we can. Please click the Tell Your Story button below to record your story.
The goal of this project is to collect and share stories of inspiration and hope, narrated by you. It is an easy process and you can re-record as many times as you want before submitting it. You can also remove your entire story later, if you change your mind.
You can talk about anything you want, but here are some possible categories to help you think about what you want to record:
- Everyday heroes
- Self-isolation: the light side
- A story about someone I love
- Resilience: story that help us imagine a better future
- Being a teenager during Covid
- Things I never would have done in normal times
- Juggling parenting and other responsibilities
- Shout-out to objects, things and products that have made this more livable or tolerable
- A Covid-related poem or song
- Or anything else!
For more information or to listen to more stories, check out COVIDStoryProject.com
These stories may be edited, published and shared.